E-Commerce is the New Type of Retail Customer Traffic
With the rise of more accessible online platforms, the shift towards mobile and the consumer demand for convenience, e-commerce is more popular than ever. Retail promotion is seeing a very distinct new strategy evolving, one that is only growing in acceptance as consumers’ habits drastically develop.
According to www.trendwatching.com, e-commerce has been established as a reliable and useful form of shopping across the globe:
- US e-commerce sales will grow 62% by 2016, to USD 327 billion (Source: Forrester, February 2012).
- European e-commerce sales will grow by 78% by 2016, to USD 230 billion (Source: Forrester, February 2012).
- Brazilian e-commerce sales will grow 21.9% in 2012 to USD 18.7 billion (Source: eMarketer, January 2012).
- Chinese e-commerce sales were CNY 780 billion (USD 124 billion) in 2011, an increase of 66% from 2010. E-commerce is expected to rise from 3% of consumption to 7% by 2015 (Source: IDC, March 2012).
- India’s e-commerce market is expected to grow to USD 70 billion by 2020, from just USD 600 million in 2011 (Source: Technopak Advisors, February 2012).
- Indonesian e-commerce sales are forecast to grow from USD 120 million in 2010 to USD 650 million by 2015 (Source: Frost & Sullivan, February 2012).
This online trend is only developing more quickly and is being adopted by consumers at an equally rapid pace, just as predictors forecasted. If you need advice on how to stay on trend, call infinitee. We are shopping center specialists that have proven marketing strategies that promote your business’s retail branding efforts while also increasing retail customer traffic. We’d love to hear from you at 404-231-3481.
Author, Jocelyn Smith, knows how to develop retail promotion. Learn more about her.
Facebook LinkedIn Email ShareThis