With SEO constantly evolving, stay ahead of the game. One way to do this is through your Google+ Business Page. Trust us, your business’s presence on Google+ is extremely important and here’s why:
- Improve your local search visibility
- Learn about customers and how they’re interacting with your business
- Access the number of clicks on your business information
- Connect with your customers through reviews on your page
Our recommendation? Create/Claim your Google+ Business Page. We told you WHY, now we’re telling you HOW.
Create Business on Google:
- Search for your business on Google.
- If any of the results match your business information, check to see if “are you the business owner” link appears. If this link appears – click it, and follow the directions to create your business. If you do not see the link, please do the following:
Go to google.com/business.
- Click the “Get on Google” button.
- Sign into your Google account.
- If you don’t yet have a Google account, create account.
- Search for your business – if you see your business, click on it.
- If you don’t see your business after searching – click on the magnifying glass to see the options to add your business. Once you’ve entered information accurately, you’ll need to verify it. This will tell Google that your business is legitimate and maintained by you.
- To complete the verification process, make sure that you can directly answer your business email address or phone number to receive your verification code.
- Click Verify by phone or email to have the code sent to you.
- Enter the code from the message into your dashboard.
Claim ownership of your business:
- Go to Google.com/business and click the “Get on Google” button.
- Sign onto the Google account that was originally used to claim your business.
- You will then be asked to search for your business by name.
- Once your business is shown, you will be asked to confirm that you are authorized to use it. Click “Continue” and follow remaining instructions.
You will need to request management rights to your business if someone has claimed your business. There are two ways to request Admin rights.
- Contact the owner directly to have them transfer ownership to you.
- Request access to business through Google my Business.
- Sign in (create one if you do not have one yet).
- Search for your business. If it has already been claimed, a notification will appear telling you that someone else has already verified this listing.
- Choose, “Request admin rights.”
- Next, they will ask questions about business for verification purposes.
- Google will then send an email to the current owner.
- They will either grant you management access or reach out to you directly.
So, we’ve provided the outline, now it’s time for you to implement it. Or, you could call us to take care of all your Google+, SEO and social (they’re all connected, by the way) for you by calling infinitee at 404-231-3481. Your business problems, our creative solutions.