There’s a phenomenon going on in the digital ad space and it’s called Programmatic Media Buys. Here’s what you need to know about it and why it’s one of the best uses of your digital dollars.
What is a programmatic buy?
Programmatic Media Buys serve digital ads to the right users, in the right places at the right time through specialized media campaigns with highly targeted, streamlined tactics utilizing data-driven algorithms and human expertise.
- Placement on various channels including Display, Mobile, Video or Cross-Device
- Advanced Geo-Targeting through State, DMA and Zip Code Targeting or mobile-focused Hyperlocal Targeting
- Audience Targeting through:
- 1st Party Cookies: Placing a pixel on your website and following users where ever they go online
- 3rd Party Behavioral Targeting: Targeting by relevant user searches, popular websites, online magazines, mobile apps, etc.
- Audience Match: Utilizing an existing database or Look-Alike audiences
- Content Targeting by Demographics, Interest/Categories, and Industries relevant to your target demographic
Why is it better than other digital buys?
What roles do media spend and campaign duration play?
A higher media spend and longer campaign duration are very important for the first programmatic campaign. The more media spend available, the more tactics you can test to properly identify which resonate best with your target audiences. Sufficient funds are required to run more than 2 tactics to avoid spreading the budget too thin, risking optimum data analysis. Additionally, a longer duration for the first campaign, such as 60 days compared to 30, allows more time for feedback on the target demographic’s online behaviors.